1. Call to Order:
The BGC Board of Directors meeting was called to order by President Eads at 6:00 pm.
Board members present: Eads, Duskett, Grabowski, Nicholson, Wehking, Bezemer
Board members absent: Chase, Van Etten, Goulding
Duty roster for Director on Duty for June 2019 was circulated.
2. Secretary’s report: Minutes of the 7 May 2019 Board meeting had been distributed to the Board prior to the 4 June 2019 meeting. Motion to approve minutes by Bezemer, second by Nicholson. Minutes approved.
3. Treasurer’s report: The May 2019 Profit and Loss (P&L) statement indicated a total income of $29,188.72, with a gross profit of $12,721.43. Total expenses were $18,130.83. Major expense of $5,872.89 was for payroll. Total utility payments were $633.89. Net income for the month was -$5,265.39, including miscellaneous income of $144.01. BGC has about $74,914.07 in the operations budget, but several major expenses are outstanding, in particular, insurance and the lead mining, and we will be ordering a load of targets soon. Bezemer moved to accept treasurer’s report, seconded by Nicholson.
4. Monthly Target Report: Duskett presented the monthly target report. As of 1 June 2019, there were 919 cases on hand, compared to 1556 cases on 1 May 2019. Breakage for May was about 15.5 cases or about 2.5%. There may be a discrepancy in the target count; averaging April and May target counts yields a breakage of about 7%. The 3-4 May 2019 SCTP state shoot netted $2,038.89 profit, and the 19 May 2019 PITA Treasure Valley Singles Marathon produced a profit of $746.17.
5. Old Business:
a. Progress on New Website: Duskett still needs more information regarding upcoming events, ATA and PITA shoots, photos and profiles for the Board of Directors, information for First Shots, etc., youth shooting opportunities, etc. Eads urged board members to provide comments to Duskett. Board members offered some ideas for the website.
b. NSSF First Shots Program Update: The first session on 18 May had 6 people. The second session is scheduled for 8 June 2019. Five people have signed up for the second session. Grabowski will cashier this session. Van Etten will conduct the third session, with Wehking doing the cashiering.
c. PITA Singles Marathon Review: Bezemer reported a profit of $746.17 for this 19 May 2019 event.
d. Club Championship Shoot: The Board discussed logistics for the 28 July 2019 annual club meeting, championship shoot and steak fry. Club will provide the steaks and side dishes, Dale Ham was suggested as the steak cook, Gerry Faude and some others for cashiers, Dick Clark will do a special recognition award, and Wehking will order the buckle awards for the events. One new award this year will be skeet doubles. Continental will be a stand-alone event. Awards will be for trap singles, doubles, handicap, skeet singles and doubles, HOA trap, HOA skeet, and HOA club champion. A shooter can only receive one award. About 35-40 member/shooters are expected, with more for the steak fry. Paid-up members are eligible for the championship shoot and steak fry. Both trap and skeet will be open to the public.
e. Trap field card readers: Card readers are ready to install. Some electrical work is needed.
f. New Skeet Machines: Two new skeet machines have arrived and are ready to install. They will be installed on skeet field 4.
g. IDFG Grant for skeet field safety fences: Grant awarded, material on site. Installation will occur after the 28-29 June 2019 Youth Skeet Camp is completed.
h. Hats and other BGC promotional materials: Eads is ordering an assortment of hats and other promotional materials to advertise and increase visibility of the club. New hats will sell for about $23.
6. New business:
a. Review Upcoming Events Calendar: See item 7 below. Wyakin Warriors Shoot on Saturday 1 June 2019 went OK.
b. Nominating Committee: A nominating committee consisting of six board members was established to select a slate of candidates for the 2020 Board of Directors. A ballot needs to be sent to club members by about 24 June 2019, and the completed ballots received back at the club by 28 July 2019 to be counted. New board of directors will be announced at the annual club member meeting and championship shoot on Sunday 28 July 2019.
c. Membership price: The price of membership was discussed. Currently annual membership is $40. This is competitive with other clubs, and the Board saw no reason to change at this time.
d. Summer Hours: The Board voted to change Sunday shooting hours to 10:00 am to 4:00 pm starting 16 June until 1 September 2019, with possible extension through September if warranted.
e. Status of 5-stand: The recently set-up 5-stand shotgun discipline has generated about 50 rounds per day so far. The Board will discuss the future of 5-stand at the July meeting.
7. Upcoming events:
a. 8 June 2019 – Saturday – First Shots #21.
b. 15 June 2019 – Saturday – NSSA Skeet Shoot/John Bott Memorial Shoot.
c. 25 June 2019 – Saturday – First Shots #3
d. 28-29 June 2019 – Friday and Saturday – NSSA Youth Skeet Camp
e. 13 July 2019 – – Saturday – NSSA Skeet Shoot/It’s Getting Hot
f. 14 July 2019 – Sunday – ATA Trap Shoot, Hot Shot Summer Sizzler
g. 20 July 2019 – Saturday – North American Versatile Hunting Dog Association Fun Shoot
h. 28 July 2019 – Sunday – Annual Club Meeting, Championship Shoot and Steak Fry
i. 17 August 2019 – Saturday – NSSA Skeet Shoot/State Warm-up
j. 25 August 2019 – Sunday – ATA Trap Shoot/Peanut Shoot
k. 14 September 2019 – Saturday – Caldwell Veterans Association 5-Stand Shoot
l. 20-22 September 2019 – Friday to Sunday – NSSA Idaho State Championship Shoot
m. 22 September 2019 – ATA Trap Shoot/Silver Shoot
8. Round Table Discussion:
a. The Board discussed some aspects of food service for multiple shoots.
Wehking asked if the Board objected if a reliable retired guy could park a camper on the club’s grounds for about a month. He could serve as a caretaker for that time.
b. Ada County will spray for weeds, with the club doing some follow-up spot spraying.
c. Melba Gun Club would like to buy a half pallet of green targets from BGC. BGC has the targets; Wehking will work up a price.
d. The ACEC corporate shoot in September needs an updated contract.
e. PITA is changing its shoot year. Wehking will represent BGC at their next scheduling meeting in Twin Falls. The schedule for the 22 September Silver Shoot may change.
9. Suggestion Box: Nothing this month.
10. Next Board of Directors meeting: Tuesday 3 July 2019, 6:00 pm at the BGC clubhouse.
11. Adjourn: Motion to adjourn meeting by Van Etten, second by Duskett. Meeting adjourned at 7:35 pm.