Boise Gun Club Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
April 29, 2020
1. Call to Order:
The BGC Board of Directors meeting was called to order by President Keppinger at 6:18 pm.
Board members present: Faude, Hurd, VanEtten, Eads, Wehking, Turner, Bezemer, Graham
Members/Guests: Gerry Faude
Duty roster for Director on Duty for May 2020 was circulated.
2. Secretary’s report: Minutes of 4 March 2020 and 18 March 2020 were distributed for board approval Wehking motioned and Eads seconded to approve the minutes as written. Secretary’s report was approved.
3. Treasurer’s report: The April 1-29, 2020 Profit and Loss (P&L) was presented by Wehking. Total income was $7,013.57. Minus Cost of Goods Sold ($1,071.67), Gross Profit was $5941.90. Total expenses were $20,002.58. Major expenses were $8,900 for two traps to be rebuilt which will be reimbursed by the FNRA grant. Net ordinary income was ($-14,060.68). Net income was ($–14,060.68). There is about $14,500.00 in the bank account. Turner moved to accept treasurer’s report, seconded by Bezemer. Treasurer’s report approved.
4. Monthly Target Report: No targets were thrown due to Covid19.
5. Emailed decisions during Covid Closure:
a. 3/30/20: It was moved and seconded via email to change insurance carriers to obtain same coverage for a $2000/year cost savings. Approved
b. 4/3/20: It was moved and seconded that we close until May 3, 2020, for Covid. Approved
c. 4/10/20: It was moved and seconded to move forward with hiring Paychex to do payroll and monthly and quarterly taxes. The BGC accountant feels it is a worthwhile expenditure with the changing of the board and the amount of work it takes off of the treasurer and also adds peace of mind that the work is getting done timely and correctly to avoid penalties and fines if done wrong. Passed with reservation because of lack of monies being collected due to closure.
d. 4/17/20: It was moved and seconded to limit spending to necessary only items and must be approved by the board first. Approved
a. Soft Opening of the Gun Club: It was moved by Wehking and seconded by Turner to open the club on May 6, 2020. Unanimously approved. Until further notice the gun club hours will be Wednesdays 5-9 pm, Sundays 12-5 pm until we can hire a new cashier to replace Gerry Faude who has retired. Hailey Turner will be hired as the interim cashier until we can hire a cashier for the club. Limited number of people will be allowed to enter the club. The doors will be clearly marked with Enter and Exit signs to avoid confusion. There will be two directors on duty when possible during open hours and one director will be in charge of wiping down the card readers and trap buttons on a regular basis while on duty. Regular hours will be resumed once we have staff for normal business operations.
****League will be modified with discussion mostly around a delayed start and possible addition of a few weeks to spring and fall leagues—Tabled until May 6.
b. Rescheduled Shoots: April 25 Spring fling shoot is being rescheduled and added as a second day of the Firecracker shoot which will now be held July 4-5, 2020. The ISTA ATA State shoot was rescheduled to July 23-26, 2020. The August Season Finale is rescheduled to August 2, 2020. The Boise Club shoot will be rescheduled to August 9, 2020. The May Multiplex has been CANCELLED.
c. Singles Marathon: The Boise Gun Club will hold the singles Marathon on May 17, 2020
d. ISTA Shoot: The ISTA shoot was rescheduled to July. Bishop Kelly is available for trap help, Jennie Barrus has agreed to open the kitchen. The trap houses have been painted and the trash barrels have been painted. Two traps have been sent to be rebuilt and they have been returned. Projects left to be worked on: paint numbers on the trap pads, possibly paint the container, possibly rebuild the squading board. Discussion was centered around whether we should rent a generator for the state shoot or if we should advertise for shooters to bring their own generators for the shoot. After much discussion and concern over the lack of monies in the checking account due to Covid closure, the board decided to advertise in the program to have shooters bring their own generators.
7. Upcoming Events:
a. May 8-9, 2020: NSSA Level 1 Instructor Class
b. May 17, 2020: PITA Single Marathon
c. May 30, 2020: NSSA Skeet Shoot, Mini Tater Head 4 x 50
d. June 10, 2020: Multiplex
e. June 12-13, 2020: Idaho 4H Clubs Shoot
f. June 27, 2020: NSSA Skeet Shoot John Bott Memorial
8. Round Table Discussion:
a. The board wants to thank Gerry Faude for her many years of service to the Boise Gun Club. She has been instrumental in keeping the place running when Bobbie has been unable to cover the cashiers desk. Gerry will stay and do some afterhours clean-up on projects she would like to finish over the next few weeks.
9. Suggestion Box: None
10. Next Board of Directors meeting: Wednesday, May 6, 6:00 pm at the BGC clubhouse.
11. Adjourn: Motion to adjourn meeting by Turner, seconded by Bezemer. Meeting adjourned at 7:23 pm.