1. Call to Order:
The BGC Board of Directors meeting was called to order by President Keppinger at 6:04 pm.
Board members present: Keppinger, Wehking, Eads, Van Etten, Faude, Graham,
New Board members: Voorhis, Moormeister, Stevens, Carter, Grabowski
Board members absent: Hurd, Bezemer, Turner
Duty roster for Director on Duty for September 2020 was circulated.
2. Secretary’s report: Minutes of the August 5, 2020 Board meeting were distributed to the members for review. Motion to approve minutes by Graham, second by Carter. Minutes approved. There was some discussion about a card machine for a dedicated field for Caldwell youth shooters.
3. Treasurer’s report: Wehking presented the preliminary treasurer’s report for August 2020. The BGC is in good shape financially. Balance at the end of August is about $51,050.50. Total income was $26,085.99. Minus Cost of Goods Sold ($4,722.51), gross profit was $21,363.48. Total expenses were $12,701.03. Major expense was $6,868.96 for labor. Net ordinary income was $8,662.45. Net income was $8,798.46, including $136.01 for misc. Upcoming expenses include about $18,000 for a load of targets. Stevens moved to accept treasurer’s report, seconded by Moormeister.
4. Monthly Target Report: In August about 14,350 registered or league targets were thrown. Number of targets thrown at 5-Stand are not available. No number of targets thrown for trap or skeet practice was available. As of 2 September 2020, 1896 cases of targets were on hand between the shed, and trap and skeet houses.
5. Old Business:
a. Election of new officers: New BGC officers selected from the new Board include:
President: Kent Graham
First Vice-president: Dale Hurd
Second Vice-president: Don Moormeister
Secretary: Stephen Grabowski
Treasurer: Chester Carter
There was a discussion about the duties of the Treasurer. The Treasurer oversees the bookkeeper, does payroll, makes deposits, and keeps the board informed about the status of the club’s finances. The BGC uses Quick Books as its financial platform. Several board members agreed to help the Treasurer with some duties.
b. League Dinner: The trap league dinner and awards will occur next week. There was some discussion about how to divide the available money. Faude and Harris will discuss this in more detail tomorrow. Voorhis suggested adding a third division to include new teams.
c. Start of new league: New trap league starts 16 September 2020. This is the reserve week.
d. Supervision of trappers: Trappers need supervision and prioritization of duties. Moormeister will revise and update existing trapper duty list for the board to review. Dalton is head trapper.
6. New business:
a. ACEC Shoot: ACEC (American Council of Engineering Companies) shoot is scheduled for 17 September 2020. About 150 shooters are expected. Details of this shoot need to be worked out. Volunteers needed for pulling, scoring, setting targets and other activities. ACEC provides food service, etc. and they purchase shells and beverages from the BGC. Event starts round 9:00 am. Paul will cashier, Faudes will obtain provisions, Keppinger will coordinate volunteers.
b. Trap and Skeet. New locks for Briley boxes: Discussion about which non-board members should have keys to the facilities. Some non-board members provide substantial help to the club and sometimes need to be at the club during off hours. Stevens moved and Keppinger seconded replacing locks on Briley card reader boxes. Graham will order new locks for the Briley boxes on each trap and skeet field. Padlocks on trap and skeet houses also need to be changed. Eads has two two-day skeet level 1 instructor certification courses 18-19 September and 2-3 October and needs access to the facilities and skeet houses.
7. Upcoming events
a. 9 September 2020 Multiplex
b. 17 September 2020 ACEC shoot
c. 20 September 2020 ATA Silver Shoot
8. Round Table Discussion: None
9. Suggestion Box: Nothing this month.
10. Next Board of Directors meeting: Wednesday October 7, 2020, 6:00 pm at the BGC clubhouse.
11. Adjourn: Meeting adjourned at 8:27 pm.
Respectfully submitted, Stephen Grabowski, Secretary, Boise Gun Club.
Minutes approved by the Board on___________________________
______________________________________________ Incoming Secretary
______________________________________________ Outgoing President
______________________________________________ Incoming President