1. Call to Order:
The BGC Board of Directors meeting was called to order by President Graham at 6:03 pm.
Board members present: Graham, Hurd, Carter, Keppinger, Voorhis, Van Etten, Stevens, Bezemer.
Board members absent: Grabowski
Guests: Brian Francisco
Duty roster for Director on Duty for July 2021 was circulated.
2. Secretary’s report: Minutes of June 2021 were distributed for Board review. Motion to approve by Bezemer, second by Hurd. Secretary’s report approved.
3. Treasurer’s report: Carter presented the P&L report for June 2021. Total income for June was $51,968.59; gross profit was $32,833.44, with $19,135.15 for cost of goods sold. Total expenses for June amounted to $21,413.53, of which $4,944.70 was payroll. Net income for the month was $11,419.91. There is approximately $41,400.00 in the checking account. In addition to the standard P&L, Carter presented the Breakdown of the PITA State shoot hosted by the BGC. Income from the shoot which includes dinner on Saturday was $21,512.69 with expenses of $15,805.50 for a total income from the shoot at $5,607.18. Motion by Bezemer to approve treasurer’s report, second by Hurd. Approved.
- President Graham asked if the donations for sealing the cracks in the asphalt should be moved from the club general checking account to its own account. After further discussions there was a motion by Hurd to move those donations to the Well Water Pump account to separate those monies donated for that specific purpose. Seconded by Carter. Approved.
4. Monthly Target Report: Bezemer presented the target activity report for May. Change in targets for June was approximately 97,653 for trap, and approximately 20,836 for skeet. That was approximately 3,756 rounds for trap and approximately 801 rounds for skeet. It was noted that there were no machine counts on traps 8, 9 and 10 during the PITA State Shoot which could have added approximately 2,400 targets or approximately 90 rounds. Additionally, it was noted though Skeet was down from the previous month by 14.5%, which all agreed was caused by the atypical heat wave in the valley, Skeet targets for the month of June were up 83.4% from the same period last year. Motion by Hurd to approve target report, second by Carter. Approved.
5. Old Business:
- Grants: Still awaiting word.
- Election of Board Members (item h): Carried over to new business.
6. New Business:
- Skeet Machines: The new Laporte 185 12C skeet machines have been problematic since installation. It was decided to move electronic items from machines on Skeet 3 to skeet 2. 5-Stand will move to the Skeet 3 field for the foreseeable future. Motion by Hurd to approve, Van Eaton, second. Approved.
- Club Shoot: The following was Unanimously Approved by the board.
- President Graham will confirm with Dale Ham on cooking the steaks for the club shoot.
- Board of Directors Ballots: Ten (10) club members have elected to serve on the board. Ballots will be printed and included in the Club Shoot Program.
- Larry Bezemer will update the shoot program and provide to President Graham by Wednesday, July 7.
- Club Shoot Buckles: The following Club Belt Buckles have been approved to be ordered for the club shoot.
- Club Champion
- Trap Singles
- Trap Doubles
- Trap HDCP
- Skeet Doubles
- As in previous years, class, and the best three (3) events for lady, junior and rookie winners will receive rounds on their card.
- Trap House Roofs: There have been continuing complaints regarding target height on specific trap houses when the club experiences southernly wind events. Discussions on changing the trap house roofs from the current concrete slabs which over time sag, to corrugated metal or another material was discussed. Tabled for future board consideration.
- Furniture in the trap Conex Container: There have been a number of discussions over the years about furniture in the trap Conex Container. Along with the current furniture making removal of trap equipment more difficult, the containers were never meant for habitation. The Conex Container is cold in the winter, hot in the summer and does not meet various safety requirements as there is only one means of egress in case of emergency. Motion to remove and dispose of the current furniture an prohibit the future use of the trap Conex Container as a habitable space by Hurd, seconded by Bezemer. Approved.
- Round Table Discussions:
- The club has the opportunity to purchase 60+ additional cases of shells through Crow Shooting supply. Price to be determined upon arrival. Motion by Carter to approve purchase, seconded by Hurd. Approved to purchase.
- There are a few sleeves of Cheddite Primers available. As they are now stock items, they will be sold by the 1K at $35.00 per 1K. Members only. Motion by Carter, seconded by Bezemer. Approved.
Next Board of Directors meeting: Monday August 2, 2021 at 6:00 pm at the BGC.
Adjourn: Meeting adjourned at 7:28 pm.
Respectfully submitted by Larry Bezemer, 2nd Vice President, Boise Gun Club.
Minutes approved by the Board ___________________________