1. Call to Order:
The BGC Board of Directors meeting was called to order by President Graham at 6:02 pm.
Board members present: Graham, Moormeister, Carter, Grabowski, Keppinger, Voorhis, Stevens, Van Etten, Hurd.
Duty roster for Director on Duty for March 2021 was circulated.
2. Secretary’s report: Minutes of February 2021 were distributed for Board review. Motion to approve by Moormeister, second by Hurd. Secretary’s report was approved.
3. Treasurer’s report: Carter presented the P&L report for February 2021. Total income for February was $14,804.31; gross profit was $6,083.91, with $8,720.40 for cost of goods sold. Total expenses for February amounted to $9,455.67, of which $3,233.96 was payroll. Net income for the month was
-$3,271.67. Motion by Moormeister to approve treasurer’s report, second by Hurd. Approved.
4. Monthly Target Report: No target report for February.
5. Old Business:
a. Registered Skeet Shoots: The 20 March 2021 registered skeet shoot has been cancelled. Status of future skeet shoots will need to be discussed. Van Etten will contact NSSA about cancellation of the 20 March shoot. Van Etten got the spreadsheet from NSSA used to organize and keep scores of registered skeet shoots. May need some paid pullers and scorers for registered skeet shoots.
b. Buckmaster Shoot (7 March 2021): A few more trophies need to be obtained. The Boise Buckshots may be able to help out with scoring or other duties; however, the BGC will have to compensate the group. The kitchen will be open for breakfast and lunch. Stevens moved that the BGC provide meals for Buckshot volunteers, second by Moormeister. Approved.
c. Spring doubles league: Promote a spring doubles league in addition to a spring singles league. Advertise on Facebook, noting that doubles would be an individual 50-target event, with each individual shooter being his or her own team. Cost would be $15 for 50 targets. Cost of trophies would be less than with multiple member teams.
6. New Business:
a. Open Saturdays starting 27 March 2021. Hours noon to 5:00 pm for now, change to 10:00 am to 4:00 pm later.
b. Jackpot Shoots: Consider this new event for Saturdays when it won’t conflict with already scheduled events. Events should include scenarios for both trap and skeet shooters, as discussed at February’s board meeting. Details regarding scenarios, number of targets, and cost need to be worked out.
7. ATA Shoot : April 25, 2021. Need trophies. $1,250 is available, $500 guaranteed added money. Treasurer can handle budget. Information will need to be sent out soon.
8. Targets: Abe Wilson is going to be ordering targets soon.
9. Ambrose and Kuna HS shoots starting in March: No new news on this. Ambrose and Kuna HS want to shoot Mondays and Wednesdays starting in March. May depend on Ambrose and Kuna obtaining a supply of shells.
10. Miscellaneous: The club’s truck is in for repair. Moormeister noted that two fuel pumps and several other items have been replaced, and it will be serviceable for use around the club.
Next Board of Directors meeting: Monday April 5, 2021 at 6:00 pm at the BGC.
Adjourn: Meeting adjourned at 7:15 pm.
Respectfully submitted by Stephen Grabowski, Secretary, Boise Gun Club.
Minutes approved by the Board ___________________________